On today’s podcast, we discuss the Adventures of Superman, Adventures of Captain Marvel, Superman: The Movie, and Wonder Woman home media releases.
*65th anniversary of the first episode of the Adventures of Superman television series “Superman on Earth”
- Starring George Reeves
- Lasted 6 seasons (first 2 in black-and-white) and 104 episodes
Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins talks with the Toronto Sun to promote home media release of the film
- On the different DCEU characters and filmmakers: “I think there’s just exciting things to be done with them ahead and lots of different people that I’m excited about seeing. All of us are very different and we’re all going to do different things. So I can’t wait to see the variety, personally.”
- Mentions there are no deleted scenes, but some extended scenes. If she had a director’s cut, it would only be a few minutes longer.
- Likes the bloopers, epilogue scene, and making of documentary
- Thinks post-credit scenes only make sense if they are promoting something similar
Superman: The Movie is getting a new home media release from Warner Archive available October 3rd
- 2 versions of the film, extended cut (188 min.) and special edition (151 minutes); theatrical cut was 143 minutes
- Also loaded with special features
Adventures of Captain Marvel also releases on blu-ray today (Amazon)
- 12 chapter film serial by Republic Pictures in 1941; newly re-mastered from 4k scan
- Comes with audio commentary from film historians
- First live-action superhero adaptation
- Republic was developing the serial for Superman, but ran into some snags; the Superman Fleischer cartoons were created instead
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.