It looks like Rupert Gregson-Williams will return to DC Films, this time providing the score for Aquaman. We discuss this plus a clip of Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, DC Comics’ “Black Label” imprint, and more.
Rupert Gregson-Williams to be the composer for Aquaman – Film Music Reporter
- Also scored Wonder Woman, also The Legend of Tarzan, and Hacksaw Ridge
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay clip – YouTube
- Sets up the mission
- Releases digitally March 27th, physically April 10th
DC Comics announces “DC Black Label” imprint – The Hollywood Reporter
- Jim Lee – “Creating DC Black Label doubles down on our commitment to working with all-star talent and trusting them to tell epic, moving stories that only they can tell with the highest levels of creative freedom.”
- Out-of-continuity stories released when and how the creators want them to be
- Some projects include Frank Miller and John Romita Jr’s Superman: Year One, Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo’s Batman: Damned (Batman/Constantine team-up), Kelly Sue DeConnick and Phil Jimenez on Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons (history before Diana leaves), John Ridley’s The Other History of the DC Universe, Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo on Batman: Last Knight on Earth, and Greg Rucka’s Wonder Woman, Diana’s Daughter (20 years in future)
- Debuts in August with Issue 1 (of 3) of Superman: Year One
iTunes review from JRBatman23 – “This review is overdue, sorry Tom and Zac. I love DC, and often DC news hits hard and fast. I don’t have to wait long to get more information or hear somebody’s POV who I trust! This daily DC podcast covers it all. I subscribe to over 30 podcasts, and this one is my favorite! If you like DC, don’t miss out!!”
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.