The Rock continues to tease both the Shazam! and Black Adam movies. We also talk the rampant “rumors” about DCEU films, The Lego Batman Movie, and a possible role for Kamandi in Season 3 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
Dwayne Johnson talks a little about Shazam! and Black Adam films – MTV
- On DC Films – “We’ve had great discussions with Geoff Johns over at DC. This is a really fun, cool time for DC right now because they’re world-building. We’re seeing that with Wonder Woman and Aquaman. We have a few surprises down the line.”
- On Shazam/Black Adam – “So what we decided to do was to create a scenario where Black Adam has his stand-alone movie, and Captain Marvel, Shazam, has his stand-alone movie. We’re building our world that way, and then we can come together at some point.”
- Teases that a surprise is coming up with Black Adam
DC Films heads Jon Berg and Geoff Johns address movie “rumors” on Twitter
- Berg – “Hey @geoffjohns why didn’t you tell me we were releasing 4 Batman movies in 2019? Can we increase that to 10?”
- Johns – “27. Including Batmite: The Movie.”
- Sites are running with 4chan and Reddit anonymous users
- Among talk is 4 Batman films in a year, Shazam movie cancelled, Black Adam in Man of Steel 2
The Lego Batman Movie crosses $300 million at the worldwide box office – Box Office Mojo
- Budget of $80 million
- The Lego Movie made $469 million on a $60 million budget (sequel coming in 2019)
- Is it enough for a sequel/spin-off?
Kamandi, the last boy on Earth, a possible character for Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 – Entertainment Weekly
- EP Marc Guggenheim – “We have talked about Kamandi in the writers’ room. He’s definitely a character that we love and a concept that we love. Certainly, we’ve opened the door for that kind of story. I can’t say that we’re absolutely committed to doing Kamandi next year, it’s just totally on the table and certainly something we’ve been talking about.”
- Created by Jack Kirby in 1972, essentially lives in a Planet of The Apes style post-apocalpytic future.
Season 2 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow arrives on Netflix in U.S. today
- 8 days after finale, as per new deal
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.