The Button crossover is completed. On today’s podcast, we review The Flash #22 and discuss the series as a whole.
- Part 1 review, Part 2 review, Part 3 review
- Written by Joshua Williamson, art by Howard Porter
- Picks right up with them chasing Thawne
- Somebody is calling Barry’s name
- We see Thawne land and get destroyed by blue flash
- (The Return of) Jay Garrick is the voice calling Barry, he pushes Batman/Flash back home to the Batcave
- Jay tells Barry he needs to remember, Barry is forgetting his name
- Jay blows up
- Barry and Bruce discuss who could be doing all this. Barry thinks maybe it was Thawne all along, Bruce isn’t convinced
- Batman sees the bat-signal while thinking about his dad telling him not to be Batman. Maybe isn’t going to go?
- Dr. Manhattan picks up the button with the “We’re all puppets, Laurie. I’m just a puppet who can see the strings.” quote
- Epilogue (Watchmen font)
- Button floating in space (9 panel Watchmen layout) turns into Superman symbol
- “There are poisons that blind you, and poisons that open your eyes.
- Doomsday Clock
- Overall thoughts
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.