Cyborg has become one of the most important characters in DC Comics in recent years. With the New 52, he become a founding member of the Justice League. The same will happen in the upcoming Justice League film. Today, we talk about Cyborg’s history, powers, and important storylines.
- Created by Marv Wolfman (writer) / George Pérez (artist) [They also created Raven and Starfire]
- First appearance: DC Comics Presents #26 (October 1980)
- Best known as a member of the Teen Titans, New 52 placed him as a founder of the Justice League
Who is Cyborg?
- Real name: Victor Stone
- Half man, half machine. Most of his body is replaced by cybernetics that make him strong and give him lots of other powers/abilities.
- New 52 origin: High school football star, son of scientist Silas. The motherbox Silas was working on explodes, destroys most of Victor’s body. Silas saves Victor by turning him into Cyborg. (merges with MotherBox)
- Geoff Johns on Cyborg: “He represents all of us in a lot of ways. If we have a cellphone and we’re texting on it, we are a cyborg—that’s what a cyborg is, using technology as an extension of ourselves.”
- Superhuman strength
- Can interface with and control technology
- Genius level IQ
- Sensors (IR eye, tracking, etc.)
- Boom Tube/teleport?
- He has absorbed energy from the motherbox and it gives him the ability to know about Darkseid’s invasion plans
- Helps found the Justice League
- Questions/struggles with his humanity
- Other media – TV on Teen Titans, and Teen Titans Go!, Smallville by the late Lee Thompson Young, big role in New 52 animated universe; origin in Justice League War
- Will be played by Ray Fisher in Justice League
- Solo Movie in 2020
- Teen Titans?
- What do we want to see from him?
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.