There is tons of DC movie news to get to in today’s episode. Director Doug Liman made his first comments about his Justice League Dark/Dark Universe film. Actor Jeremy Irons made some comments on his role in Justice League and The Batman movies. We also have a box office update for Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders.
00:21 Director Doug Liman makes first comments about Dark Universe film – IGN
- First public statements about the film since reported as director
- Wants to make a unique film – “Yeah, I mean first of all, I love those characters, and I love Warner Bros., and I love [producer] Scott Rudin, and it’s — and you know, I get asked to come in and do things that are “unconventional.” If people want conventional, they don’t come to me. It’s why doing Invisible was like right up my alley — because how can you be conventional when there aren’t even conventions that exist? And so you know when Warner Bros. wants to sort of turn the comic book genre on its head, they call me.”
- Previously directed Swingers, The Bourne Identity, and Edge of Tomorrow
02:39 Jeremy Irons talks Justice League and The Batman – Variety
- Asked if he will have more to do in Justice League – “Similar, but then, of course, Ben’s going to make a Batman film next summer. He promises me there’s going to be a bit more of Alfred in that. In the “Justice League” we have seven major lead characters and I’m the butler to one of them. It’s clear I will not be dominating that film.”
- Batman filming coming sometime in 2017
- 7 major lead characters? 1. Batman, 2. Superman, 3. Wonder Woman, 4. Flash, 5. Cyborg, 6. Aquaman, 7?
06:05 Batman: Return of The Caped Crusaders box office update – Box Office Mojo
- No U.S. numbers have been reported yet
- $56,711 combined in Australia and New Zealand
- Batman: The Killing Joke made $369,100 in Australia plus New Zealand
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to your pods.