Today’s podcast covers news on DC Films, Wonder Woman 2, Batgirl, and Cheetah.
DC Films nuggets – The Wrap
- No immediate plans to find a new writer or director for Batgirl; unlikely it would have shot before solo Batman film anyway
- “According to the insider, the studio always intended to develop the core members of the Justice League — Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash and possibly Green Lantern — before spinning off secondary characters like Nightwing, Deathstroke, Lobo and Batgirl.”
- Merger – Time Warner could be sold for parts
Producer Charles Roven talks development of Wonder Woman 2 – ComicBook.com
- On if Wonder Woman’s success changed DC Films – “I’m not actually sure that this film makes that big a difference to the other movies. We want to keep the consistency of tone for this film (Wonder Woman 2). And, of course, Wonder Woman was in “Justice League,” and she might be in other DC movies as well.
- “Warner Brothers has been – even before “Wonder Woman” came out – developing standalone characters, like they did with the Joker and Scorsese: they’ve got a project, and they’ve got a number of projects with a Batman standalone, and things like that, and each one of them has different directors. So it doesn’t necessarily mean that there’s going to be a commonality of creative synchronicity in what each one of those directors are doing. The great thing about that is that that means there will be a constant freshness.”
- On Wonder Woman 2 –“We’re in what I would call development of the screenplay. We finally, I think, have a good story to tell. Not kind of – we do believe we have a good story to tell. And then we’re also just moving out of what normally we would call soft prep into hard prep. We’re hoping to start shooting the movie sometime this summer, and hope to have it out by the end of ’19.”
- Twitter question from @BatmanJurrasic – “Who should play Cheetah in WW 2?”
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.