Today, we cover the latest from Variety on upcoming changes to the ways Warner Bros. handles DC Films properties.
Warner Bros. executive changes for DC Films on the way – Variety
- Jon Berg is leaving his role with DC Comics and taking another producing role with WB
- A new person is expected to be named as head of DC Films
- Geoff Johns “work on the films may evolve, and could be more advisory in nature.”
- Deadline on Johns- “At this point, it’s not certain whether his duties will evolve on the film side, or whether he’ll remain more of an advisor.”
- Other notes
- DC may return to main WB studio; DC currently has a separate film building
- Changes are expected to be made by January
- Time Warner is supportive of DC movies, but disappointed in Justice League’s box office performance
- An early cut of Zack Snyder’s Justice League “alarmed studio executives with its dark tone”
- There are no plans for Snyder to direct another DC movie; Time Warner is reportedly “frustrated” WB continued to bring back Snyder for DC films
- Ben Affleck is expected to return in a Flash film, but unlikely to appear in anything else
- Matt Reeves reportedly wants “fresh talent” for the role of Batman
- WB is pleased with how Ezra Miller’s Flash and Jason Momoa’s Aquaman were received
- Upcoming films – Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman 2 (Cold War), and Shazam!
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.