Today, we discuss Chris McKay’s thoughts on Warner Bros. director-driven approach to DC Films, Flash not getting a ring in Justice League, Supergirl potentially getting a different costume, and Batman vs. Parademons.
Nightwing Director Chris McKay talks about what makes DC movies unique- Metro
- McKay – “Warner Bros is a more director-driven studio. Period. The end. More than any other studio you’re ever going to work at. Just look at the roster of world class filmmakers that have worked at Warner Bros and made it their home. Warner Bros is a director-driven studio, and that’s exactly how they are operating these movies.”
- “That’s the kind of filmmaking you are going to see, and have seen with Patty Jenkins on “Wonder Woman.” That’s what they have done and what they will continue to do, and that’s why these movies are not trying to follow the Marvel model, they’re trying to do their own thing with filmmakers that they like, and produce things that are wholly original and wholly unique.”
- “They still want to build a universe, and that’s why it takes a lot of time and a lot of people banging their heads together trying to figure out what to do. Because it’s hard. It’s hard to get all these people, and all these egos, and all this stuff in one place and get it all to work out. But they are committed to that, and that’s what’s amazing about working with Jon [Berg] and Geoff [Johns]. They’re real partners, and so is everyone at the Warner Bros family.”
Ezra Miller says we won’t be getting the Flash ring in Justice League – Entertainment Weekly
- Says he felt like Barry on set – young and energetic with a bunch of veterans
- The costume was a challenge to put on at first because they were worried it would break
- Miller – “I can confirm, spoiler alert, his suit does not pop out of his ring. Things have to progress, you know? Original Barry Allen was clearly an incredibly, incredibly clever scientist. We acknowledge and respect that.”
- “I know the ring is the coolest thing about the DC universe. It was a little hard for us to sell in this version of this universe right now. Bear with us! There’s gonna be other cool things.”
Supergirl might get a different, temporary costume this season –
- Entertainment WeeklyMelissa Benoist – “There is a different suit that I will be wearing at some point this season, but I won’t tell you when or to what capacity. It’s cool, though.”
- Death of Superman or Power Girl?
- Arrow – Stephen Amell: “Laurel Lance is the most famous dead person in Star City, so eventually, at some point, if she is reintroduced into public life, how do we unpack that? I’m excited for that. That’s the dynamic I think could be interesting.”
Twitter @Salvatore_Chief – “I think when Batman is punching that Parademon he is not in his tactical suit. “
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.