On today’s podcast, we talk about the profits from the 2016 DCEU films, a potential writer’s strike, Preacher, and Batgirl casting.
Most profitable films of 2016 as projected by Deadline
- #13 – Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice – estimated net profit of $105.7 million
- #10 – Suicide Squad – estimated net profit of $158 million
Potential writers strike looming – The Hollywood Reporter
- Contract expires May 1; Writer’s Guild promises to strike if no new deal
- Would impact TV, film, and web series
Preacher Season 2 to have two-night premiere – AMC
- Sunday, June 25 at 10 p.m. Eastern and Monday, June 26 at 9 p.m. Eastern
- Normal slot will be Mondays at 9
- Synopsis – “The expanded second season, consisting of 13 episodes, is a genre-bending thrill ride that follows West Texas preacher Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), his badass ex-girlfriend Tulip (Academy Award® nominee Ruth Negga) and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) as they embark on a road trip to find God and are thrust into a twisted battle spanning Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between.”
- All 10 Season 1 episodes of Preacher are available exclusively now on Hulu
Twitter question from @BobbyClaus1 – Emma Stone, Zoe Kravitz, and Alicia Vikander for Batgirl
- Emily Browning (Sucker Punch)
- Other frequently mentioned names – Jane Levy, Emma Watson, and Anna Kendrick
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.