On today’s show, we have tons of minor DC movie and TV news to catch up on. Included is talk of Justice League, Wonder Woman, Preacher, Lucifer, Scalped, and DC Rebirth.
Charles Roven named Producer of the Year – The Hollywood Reporter
- For Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, and Warcraft (over $2 billion total)
- Confirms he will produce sequels to all movies he has done; maybe not new ones
- Q – If there is a sequel to Batman v. Superman or Suicide Squad, will the budgets be lower? They made less than the studio had hoped. A – Suicide Squad made almost $750 million. Batman v. Superman did $873 million. Those two movies were huge hits.
- Q – How are Justice League and Wonder Woman going to be different? A – Wonder Woman is an origination story, so the whole dynamic and the plot moves are different than other DC movies. There’s also a great relationship between her and the guy [played by Chris Pine] who crash-lands on her island and is the trigger mechanism for her going back to man’s world.
- Q – What about Justice League? A – We knew we were making a very serious, compelling, driving film with Batman v. Superman. Now the bell has been rung and the whole tone of the movie is lighter.
Chris Terrio is listed as an Executive Producer for Justice League
- Wrote the Screenplay
- Also wrote BvS and did the screenplay for Argo
Season 2 of Preacher will begin filming in January – NOLA.com
- Will film in New Orleans (Season 1 shot in New Mexico)
- 13 episode season
- $66.7 million budget
- No release date yet (Season 1 aired May – July)
God might be appearing on Lucifer this season – TVLine.com
- “For the love of God, Lucifer‘s really going there later this season. Fox’s burgeoning hit is currently looking for a Sam Elliott type to play a patient at a psychiatric hospital who insists he is the one and only God Almighty. And he just may be. Per the casting notice, “Lucifer tries to prove him a phony, but he comes to find out that ‘God Johnson’ seems to know things that only Lucifer’s true Father would know.”
Scalped TV Pilot on WGN will get a title soon – MediaVillage.com
- Popular Vertigo crime comic book set on Native American reservation
- Not major news, reminder it is still in development
- Last big news – pilot ordered last March
- Being developed by Doug Jung (writer of Star Trek Beyond)
DC REBIRTH Commercials Coming to Major Networks In 2017 – Newsarama
- 11 different ads on major cable companies to air beginning in January
Thanks for listening to today’s podcast and be sure to subscribe to never miss a new episode.