There is plenty of DC movie and TV news to catch up on. New details of the Suicide Squad extended cut have been released, featuring 13 minutes of new footage. We talk about why the movie is unrated and what the extended cut means. We also discuss Chris Pine’s role as Steve Trevor in Wonder Woman and discuss whether he will be back in future DC films.
In DC animated movie news, a sequel to Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders has been announced. The film comes out in 2017 and will feature William Shatner as Harvey Dent/Two-Face. Shatner called the film Batman vs. Two-Face in this announcement Instagram post that was released at New York Comic Con.
According to filmratings.com, the early 2017 Justice League Dark animated film will be rated R. We discuss why DC might have went for this rating and what it could potentially mean for director Doug Liman’s Dark Universe film.
Batwoman is going to get a new ongoing comic book series with DC, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The comics will feature the Kate Kane version of the character and will be written by Marguerite Bennett with art by Steve Epting. There will be a Rebirth one-shot in February, followed by an ongoing series in March.
- 00:10 Suicide Squad extended cut details
- 03:10 Chris Pine recently discussed his role in Wonder Woman
- 04:20 Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders sequel announced featuring William Shatner as Two-Face
- 05:45 Justice League Dark is expected to be rated R
- 09:05 Batwoman to get new ongoing DC comic book
- 09:35 Arrow Season 5 premiere non-spoiler reaction
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe and rate us on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever you listen to podcasts.