Superman actress Margot Kidder has passed away at the age of 69. On today’s show, we remember Kidder and discuss the announced Doom Patrol TV series that is set to spin-off of Titans on DC Universe.
Margot Kidder passes away at the age of 69
Doom Patrol TV series ordered by DC Universe
- Ordered for 13 episodes, straight to series
- Will take place following the events of Titans; Episode 5 is titled “Doom Patrol”
- Will be written and executive produced by Jeremy Carver (Supernatural, Being Human)
- Geoff Johns and Berlanti Productions (Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter) will also executive produce
- Synopsis: “DOOM PATROL is a re-imagining of one of DC’s most beloved group of outcast Super Heroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities—but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence—and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. Picking up after the events of TITANS, DOOM PATROL will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.”
- Begins production in 2018 for a 2019 release
- Niles Caulder/Chief, Elasti-Girl, Robotman, and Negative Man have already been cast for Titans
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.