The much-anticipated first issue of Doomsday Clock has been released and we are here to talk about everything we liked in the issue.
- Written by Geoff Johns, art by Gary Frank
- Feels just like Watchmen
- First 6 pages we already saw, setting up with Rorschach reveal at end; quick recap of the events of Watchmen
- Rorschach turning the key while the keys turn to launch the warheads is perfect Watchmen Style
- Rorschach rescues Erika Manson (The Marionette), proves he’s a different person. Gets her to come with him and “find God, save world” by promising to help her find her boy. She wants her husband to come to, Marcos Maez (The Mime)
- The Mime is pretty awesome (going to get “weapons”)
- In the tunnel, panel with Rorschach in front of fork looks like Nite Owl, and then we get to his place and Ozymandias is there, Rorschach is working for him.
- Ozymandias has cancer, and it’s spreading.
- Their mission is to find Dr. Manhattan
- We cut to Clark, has nightmare about his parents dying, he’s never had a nightmare before.
- Rorschach is counting down the whole time (about 3.5 hours?). Counting down to what?
- Dedicated to Len Wein
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.