*Spoilers* for The Flash Season 3, Episode 5 “Monster” in this review and recap.
Basic SPOILER Summary:
- Barry and HR have moved in with Cisco. Barry is helpful, but annoying.
- Cisco doesn’t trust HR – The new Harrison Wells from Earth-19
- Caitlin goes to see her mom, who is a successful scientist
- Asks for her help – shows her Killer Frost/freeze powers
- HR wants to team building exercises – Cisco tells him to just sit back and watch
- Julian tries to get Barry in trouble with Captain Singh
- A giant monster is on the loose downtown!
- The monster quickly disappears, though
- Caitlin’s mom and her assistant Nigel test Caitlin’s abilities
- HR takes a log with secret recording device – “no one seems the wiser as to why I’m here”
- Barry convinces Julian to work together, so Barry can get info on the monster
- Monster shows back up and disappears again
- Car alarms and Transformers go off/explode when it’s around
- It stays in a 10 block radius (“like someone is controlling it”)
- Nigel tries to stop Caitlin from leaving – she freezes his hand – her mom comes in, apologizes and lets her leave.
- Cisco finds HR’s log after snooping around
- He’s apparently writing a novel
- Rope went right through Monster – it was a hologram
- HR is a fake – he can’t help and doesn’t know much about science
- Julian finds the “kid” running the hologram
- Flash comes and stops Julian from killing kid
- Julian thanks The Flash
- HR is just the face of his company, he’s not a scientist
- Julian opens up to Barry, they start to bond a little bit
- He says he was wrong about The Flash
- They go off to get a drink together
- ENDING: Caitlin gets video from her mother
- The more she uses these powers the harder they will get to reverse
- She freezes the computer – rage?
- That gladiator movie with the gladiator (Sweaty Men – didn’t take on Earth-19)
- Science/Romance is my niche – stick with what you know
- Is Julian Alchemy?
- Can HR actually be trusted?
- What happens with Caitlin next?
Thanks for listening to our The Flash review. Be sure to subscribe on iTunes to never miss a new episode.