Damon Lindelof has written an open letter to Watchmen fans about what some of his plans for the HBO series are. We discuss that plus Season 7 of Arrow on today’s show.
HBO’s Watchmen developer Damon Lindelof writes open letter to fans of original comic on Instagram
- Tells story of first reading comic and being offered chance to adapt it
- Will not be an adaptation of Watchmen comic
- The Watchmen comic will be canon to the TV series, although the series won’t necessarily be a sequel
- Will be set in the modern day
- “Ours needs to resonate with the frequency of Trump and May and Putin and the horse that he rides around on, shirtless. And speaking of Horsemen, The End of The World is off the table…which means the heroes and villains – as if the two are distinguishable – are playing for different stakes entirely. The tone will be fresh and nasty and electric and absurd. Many describe Watchmen as “dark”, but I’ve always loved its humor – worshipping at the altar of the genre whilst simultaneously trolling it…
- Potential new characters, but still revisiting the past. But also a “familiar set of eyes”
Stephen Amell talks Arrow Season 7 in interview with TV Insider
- New storytelling technique
- Will be introducing new characters that could help carry the show forward
- He “would like Arrow to continue on”, but he sees himself moving on. Says he feels like he is on the 14th or 15th hole
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.