On today’s podcast, we discuss Wonder Woman at the box office, season 4 of Gotham, Supergirl, and the birthday of Jack “The King” Kirby.
Wonder Woman box office
- Domestic – expanded into more theaters; made $1.7 million for cumulative of over $406 million, could clear $410 million – Gitesh Pandya (BoxOfficeGuru.com) on Twitter
- #23 domestic film ever, could break top 20
- Japan – $3.4 million; slightly more than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice; slightly less than Suicide Squad; should make $15-16 million
Gotham season 4 premiere trailer shows first look at costumed Bruce Wayne – YouTube
- Season 4 starts Thursday, September 21st
Small TV Updates – Entertainment Weekly
- Gotham – Butch won’t appear in the premiere, but he will emerge soon from Slaughter Swamp as (spoiler) Solomon Grundy
- Supergirl – EP Andrew Kreisberg on Lena: “The most interesting thing about Lena is that she is so good, and so moral, and believes in second chances, but she comes from this family of truly evil people. As people are going to realize over the course of this season, it doesn’t take much to make you bad. People don’t just turn evil. They do one small bad thing and then that leads to another, and then to another, and so any time you’re watching Lena, you’re always wondering, ‘Is this the moment when she does the one small thing?’”
Jack Kirby’s 100th birthday would have been today
- Best DC creations? – Fourth World, Orion, Guardian, Etrigan the Demon, OMAC, Newsboy Legion, Darkseid
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.