Cartoon Network has finally set a release date for the first episode of the animated TV series Justice League Action. It is set to debut December 16. In other news, veteran actor John Cleese could be up for a role in the DCEU. We speculate on what character he could play and what DC Film he could be involved in. We also answer a listener question about tonight’s CW crossover.
00:21 Justice League Action has a North American premiere date – Newsarama
- Pilot debuts Friday, December 16
- 4 part premiere (so 1 hour) titled “Shazam Slam”
- Episode Synopsis – “In ‘Shazam Slam,’ the villainous Black Adam battles Batman on the Rock of Eternity and unleashes a horde of Djinn determined to turn the Earth back to its pre-human, volcanic state. Affected by the otherworldly powers of these primordial monsters, Batman becomes possessed and is turned into a giant flying Batmonster laying waste to the Hall of Justice, with only Superman capable of taking the fight to the Dark Knight. One by one, the Justice League – with the help of Shazam (voiced by Sean Astin) and The Wizard (voiced by Carl Reiner) – must hunt down and defeat each Djinn in order to yet again save the world from destruction.”
- Regular episodes will air Saturday mornings beginning December 24
- New Clip released by Cartoon Network
- Video of Superman fighting Parasite; Wonder Woman saves the day
4:18 Rumor: John Cleese might be involved in the DCEU
- Batman v Superman UK and Clay Enos followed him
- Follows Ben Affleck and Zack Snyder
- Speculation: Wintergreen – (from Umberto Gonzalez) or Highfather
8:34 DC CW Crossover Tonight! Twitter question from @batboy1989
- “Will Supergirl be the main player in the crossover?
she is a god, even for Barry. I hope that the others will acknowledge that”
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe, rate, and review us on iTunes.