Gerard Johnstone is apparently working on polishing the script for Justice League Dark. We discuss that plus Suicide Squad 2, the Joker origin film and more on today’s show.
WB hires Gerard Johnstone to fine tune Justice League Dark script – Deadline
- Warner Bros. is still waiting to find a director, although Johnstone is a possibility
- Andy Muschietti was favorite to direct, but insane buzz for It led studio to immediately work on sequel
- Last week’s report of Jon Spaihts was outdated; did draft “months ago” and moved on – Umberto Gonzalez on Twitter
Suicide Squad 2 unlikely to film until Fall of 2018 – Variety’s Justin Kroll on Twitter
- “So hearing at the earliest, SUICIDE SQUAD 2 won’t go in to production until fall 2018 because of Smith’s schedule with ALADDIN and GEMINI…If that film doesn’t even go in to production till late 2018, when exactly would this HARLEY-JOKER spin-off happen. DC isn’t like Marvel where actors are locked for like 7 films, does any1 think Jared and Margot would go straight into these roles again…It’s just something to think about when people ask the likelihood of that film happening anytime soon”
Website feedback from David Honeycutt – “Regarding your podcast about the Joker standalone film and how it could show us the Joker’s origin story: a couple of years ago during rebirth, Batman asked the mobius chair about the Joker and the chair told Batman there are three Jokers. The movie could provide us the origin on one and leave two open for further use in the DCEU”
- The Joe Rogan Experience – Brendan Schaub (a friend of Todd Phillips’ agent) “It’s like a dark Joker. How, as a kid, he had a permanent smile and everyone made fun of him.”
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.