Today’s news covers the latest on the Justice League box office, a potential Matthew Vaughn DCEU film, and HBO’s Watchmen pilot.
Justice League weekend box office and more
- #5 domestically; $4.2 million
- Global total at $634 million, likely to finish around $675 million – Gitesh Pandya
Director Matthew Vaughn talks a little bit about DC Films with IGN
- Confirms he has had recent talks with DC – “I do love the world of DC, and I’ve been talking to them at the moment about a few things.”; wants to do something different – wouldn’t want to compete with The Dark Knight trilogy, for example
- Is also working on Kingsman 3 and other projects
- Mark Millar interview with Joblo – “He and I are massive Superman fans. I mean, we worship Richard Donner. We love the Christopher Reeve movies. He actually phoned me up a few months ago, and he said, “Hey, listen, DC, they’re very interested in me doing Man of Steel 2. Do you want to come in and do this?’ And I was like, ‘I’m exclusive to Netflix for years. We can’t even have that conversation.’ And he was like, ‘Oh, man. What’s the chances of this?’ And then he kind of drifted away. And he’s attached himself to a couple of things and all that. Y’know so, it’s one of those things that might, I mean- if somebody phones Matthew up and offers him enough money it could all change tomorrow.”
- “It was actually a massive, uplifting, hopeful thing. There’s no point doing Superman unless you feel good. You should walk out of ‘Superman’ just feeling like a million dollars. You should feel great after a Superman film. The movie itself was going to be a big, vast fun epic. But ‘Superman’s got to be a laugh, as well.”
HBO’s Watchmen pilot is reportedly set to film in March – That Hashtag Show
- First reported with Damon Lindelof in June (THR); Writer’s room started in September
- Potential late 2018 release?
- John Cena possibly teasing Doctor Manhattan on Instagram here and here
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.