Justice League continues to inch towards release. We discuss the latest article on it, plus Suicide Squad 2 and The Flash.
Justice League article– SFX Magazine
- “It’s a gigantic arc for Arthur Curry. It may be tough for a lot of fans to watch what they’re gonna see, how I portray him. But you gotta wait until we get to the solo movie to really know. Because he’s not king yet. He doesn’t believe in himself, he doesn’t know what to do with the powers he has. He’s going through tons of loss. He hates Atlanteans. The fact that people are calling him ‘Aquaman’ right now — he couldn’t give two s***s about anything Atlantean. So he’s really not quite there yet. That’s kind of tough to play. We gotta figure out the origin, where we’re going. Some people will be like, ‘This isn’t my Aquaman.’ But we’re not there yet.”
- Ben Affleck on Joss Whedon – “Joss just brought to the movie what good directors bring, which is good taste, a sense of what’s gonna work in the story and what isn’t. An instinct for realism and for finding the humanity in the characters and the humanity in the conflict, then making it accessible and relevant. I think that’s one of the things he did so well with Avengers, frankly. He really defined the tone, and it felt like a lot of the movies after that sort of fell into that tone that he created. It was a very tricky dance where you have all these people who can do all these fantastic things that’s completely absurd on the face of it, and yet, a good storyteller like Joss brings us in, makes us identify with them, makes them seem real, and makes it interesting. A lot of guys know the comic books, a lot of people have that knowledge base. What Joss really has is talent.”
- Justice League tickets expected to go on sale at the end of the month – AMC on Twitter
Jared Leto talks a little bit about Suicide Squad 2 – Collider
- On if he’ll be in the film and on director Gavin O’Connor- “A lot of moving parts, we’ll see what happens. I think Gavin is incredibly talented, he seems to be the perfect director for Suicide Squad 2. I think he’s a really gifted filmmaker and I really love his work.”
The Flash “Therapy” Trailer – YouTube
- “You are not the Flash, Barry. We are the Flash.”
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.