Justice League is on the cover of this week’s Empire Magazine. On today’s show, we talk about all of the new cool images and quotes that are in the article and more.
- subscriber only cover with art by Jason Fabok; regular cover
- Tons of movie stills – Batman and Wonder Woman in Batcave, rooftop scene are new
- Set visit from August 2016
- Batcave scene description, lots of comedy and actors having fun on set
- Ben Affleck – “You get to see Batman smile, for the first time!”
- Article emphasis is on it being lighter and fun
- Gal Gadot – “Justice League is not a dark or heavy movie. It doesn’t have the weight that Batman v Superman had”
- Ezra Miller – “The first time I ever sat in Zack’s office, he told me people were mad at him for making things too dark. He said something that I thought was really true and undeniable, that the world of DC is the world of Batman and everything, including Superman, has to come into the darkness of the world where Gotham exists. From there, Zack always intended for the Justice League to rise out of the darkness, and maybe even bring Batman with them. Maybe an inch.”
- Affleck on Wonder Woman’s success – “It maybe takes a bit of pressure off of this movie in terms of needing to define the DC Universe. It doesn’t feel like the whole world is riding on our shoulders so much.”
- Affleck on Joss Whedon – “I didn’t sense that we were moving towards something that felt like The Avengers. Joss is more than just an Avengers director. He’s a good storyteller full stop. In mid-stream, Joss got on and part of what interested him was the puzzle aspect of it, fitting in pieces that weren’t there yet. He put the rest of the pieces in and gave it his own imprimatur.”
- The cast said nice things about Snyder
- Affleck – “The movie’s bigger in scale than any movie I’ve been involved with in my career. It feels massive in terms of visual elements. That’s something that Zack is really good at. That will be admired.”
- Gal Gadot only did 1 week of reshoots – “Diana serves as the glue of the team. She finds moments to support every one of the team and make them feel stronger or believe in themselves.”
- Ray Fisher on Superman – “It’s out of his memory that Bruce is trying to put this team together. The world is suffering from the loss of Superman. And the ultimate sacrifice he made brings these people out.”
- Fisher also mentioned how the team is diverse
- Cyborg is “the only member of the Justice League who is in some ways what some would consider disabled. You don’t want to end up telling a story that isn’t respectful of those factors.
- Affleck also joked about Henry Cavill’s moustache
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.