Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #2 releases today. It continues the first comic book event of DC’s Rebirth era. The issue is written by Joshua Willamson, with art by Tony Daniel. On today’s podcast, we give a review and summary of the issue and talk about how this impacts the rest of the mini-series.
- “The Nightmare Army of Max Lord”
- Deadshot tells the Squad to split up and to get the the League to split up while they’re waiting for Flag to show up and get them off the island
- We see Lord talking to the Nightmare Army, they all do a little exposition about who they are and their powers. He wants to get revenge on Amanda Waller
- Back with the split up league and squad, they’re fighting one on one and doing more exposition:
- Superman vs Enchantress
- Cyborg vs Killer Frost
- Green Lanterns vs Diablo
- Flash vs Captain Boomerang
- Aquaman vs Killer Croc
- He rips a Great White shark in half
- Deadshot vs Batman
- Harley vs Wonder Woman
- Killer Frost takes Superman’s powers, takes everyone down
- They capture/imprison the League and Amanda Waller welcomes them to the Suicide Squad.
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to never miss a new episode.