Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #3 has been released. It continues story of the first majorcomic book event of DC’s Rebirth era. The issue is written by Joshua Willamson, with art by Jesus Merino. We give a review and summary of the issue on today’s podcast
*Spoilers for Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #3 in today’s recap.
- Flag and Katana retrieve security black box from the catacombs
- Batman escapes his restraints in Belle Reve and goes to Waller, she says they need to team up
- The Suicide Squad sees the rest of the Justice League locked up
- Superman asks Killer Frost why she hesitated to drain his life force. She explains it’s because she saw him flying and was inspired to get her Ph.D. He tries to convince her to be good
- Maxwell Lord and the Nightmare Army are on an island and kill a bunch of inhabitants.
- Lord wants something from the high priest, something to “control him” when he is “free again”. He gets is from the high priest, we don’t see what it is.
- They’re going to go take revenge on Waller
- Back at Belle Reve, they release the Justice League, but Batman has something to show them
- They see the security footage from the catacombs and see the nightmare army escape, we get some more introduction to these characters:
- Emerald Empress: has the Emerald eye of Ekron, claims to be from future, the eye has Green Lantern tech
- Rustam: Raza Kattuh, Persian assassin with flaming scimitar that can cut through anything.
- Doctor Polaris: Doctor Neal Emerson, A.R.G.U.S scientist, went mad, can control electromagnetic waves
- Johnny Sorrow: actor trapped in another dimension, gave up his body to be the emissary of a god called the King of Tears, if he takes his mask of, everyone who sees it dies
- Lobo: bounty hunter from Planet Czarnia, heals from any injury
- Maxwell Lord and all of them are out to kill Waller, and she wants them to protect her, the Squad laugh at her.
- They’re coming to Belle Reve to get a weapon that will help Lord control the world
- The Nightmare Army is revealed to apparently have been the first Suicide Squad
What did you think of this issue? Let us know on by connecting with us on Twitter.
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes to never miss a new episode.