Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #5 is the penultimate issue in the 6 issue mini-series event written by Joshua Williamson. On today’s podcast, we give our recap and thoughts on the issue.
*Spoilers for Justice League vs. Suicide Squad #5 in today’s review and summary.
- It takes 13 minutes for the Justice League to take control of the whole world
- Batman, Waller, Deadshot, and headless Lobo are trapped under Belle Reve
- Superman shows up to take Waller, Batman has his Kryptonite ring, doesn’t do anything to Superman
- Lobo’s head comes back
- Cyborg is still at Belle Reve, his human side is controlled by Max Lord, but his robot side has security protocols that kick in and keep him from doing Lord’s bidding. He’s connected to the Heart of Darkness and it’s telling him to act on all his darkest urges.
- Max had the high priest brand him with the “sacred sigil” so that the diamond won’t completely take him over, but it seems to still be taking him over
- Batman “welcomes” the suicide squad to the Justice League, so they can go with him to stop Max Lord and the possessed Justice league
- Waller literally slaps sense into Max Lord and makes him see the death and destruction he’s causing, he asks her to help him because he can hear the voice taking over.
- Batman and the “new Justice League” show up to protect people and take on the possessed Justice League
- Max Lord turns into Eclipso, the sun goes dark
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.