On today’s podcast, we discuss what the look of differently Justice League locations will be, Gal Gadot’s thoughts on additional photography, and Cyborg’s role in Justice League.
Production designer Patrick Tatopoulos talks creating the different worlds in Justice League – Entertainment Weekly
- Based on what Zack Snyder told him, he wanted to have a more brutal architecture to Gotham in Batman v Superman
- On JL – “The great thing about Justice League was more about: ‘What is the palette for Flash’s world? What is the palette for Wonder Woman’s world? What about the world of Aquaman?’”
- “There’s Flash as a guy, a regular dude. He’s goofy, he’s crazy, and his world is a world we should be able to relate to. And then you have the world of Wonder Woman, and I don’t want to take too much credit for that: the movie has been done, beautifully designed and directed. But there is this ancient civilization, that’s got it’s own golden and bronze-y textures. There’s Cyborg, who’s a real man, so this world is a world you should be able to relate to, before he becomes what he has become.”
- “You got Aquaman, underwater, there’s those very deep greens. The movie is being done now, but we actually had to create a look for it prior to that.”
Gal Gadot talks a little bit about Justice League and Wonder Woman in interview with Rolling Stone
- On rumors of changes to Justice League – “Joss, to my understanding, was Zack’s choice to finish the movie. And the tone can’t be completely different because the movie was already shot. Joss is just fine-tuning.”
- On Wonder Woman’s success – “It just shows that the world was ready for a female-driven action movie.”
Joe Morton talks more about Cyborg’s role in Justice League – Gamespot
- “With Cyborg, and with Silas Stone, you’re getting sort of the outside story. You’ll get to know them vis-a-vis the death of Cyborg’s mother. You’ll get to know what Silas did in terms of reconstructing his son. You’ll get to know the angst that’s sort of created between Silas and Victor, his son. So I would imagine in the same sort of ways you’re going to get to know the other characters.
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.