Matt Reeves has a little bit more to say about his upcoming Batman film. We discuss this, plus a Batman & Harley Quinn prequel comic book, and what we want to see in the next Justice League trailer.
Matt Reeves talks a bit more about his take on Batman
- With Yahoo! Movies – Praised Christopher Nolan’s serious take and vision for blockbuster films
- Article initially said Mark Bomback was writing the movie with Reeves, has since been removed
- Asked about a potential Batman trilogy by Fandango – “I have ideas about an arc, but really, the important thing is just to start… you have to start with one. You know, you have to start with a story that begins something. And I would be lying if I could tell you that the arcs of Apes was already planned out, because it simply wasn’t; it’s one of those things where that character was so potent, and the possibility was embedded from the beginning, but exactly how you’ve got from A to Z is not something that existed…the way that I see a Batman story, is a kind of ambition for a series of stories, but really the most important thing is gonna be to tell a vital first story.”
Batman & Harley Quinn animated movie will have prequel comic series – Screen Rant
- Titled Harley Quinn and Batman
- 5 chapters, beginning July 31st
- Will also have 7 part sequel beginning in October
- Prequel will be from writer Ty Templeton and artist Rick Burchett (worked together on Batman & Robin Adventures and Batman: The Gotham Adventures in the 90s)
Twitter question from @Salvatore_Chief – “What would you like to see in the Justice League trailer? What would you not like to see? Thanks”
- Superman hint?
- Story vs. action
- More Wonder Woman/Amazons
- Deathstroke/Iris/other cameos?
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.