Matt Reeves has clarified his statements about his Batman film, confirming that it is in the DCEU. We discuss that plus a new writer for Justice League Dark and the broadcast premiere of the Vixen animated movie.
Matt Reeves clarifies Batman comments on Twitter
- Old interview was misinterpreted
- “Just to be clear: Of COURSE Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be BATMAN…In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman…not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn’t be filled with cameos servicing other stories — that it would be a BATMAN story.”
- Twitter question from @BobbyClaus1 – “Matt Reeves not using Affleck script could be that his script was connected to the DCEU and Reeves wants his Batman standalone?”
The Justice League Dark film might have a new writer – That Hashtag Show
- Most recent draft is being worked on by Jon Spaihts (co-writer of Prometheus, Doctor Strange, and Passengers)
- Variety’s Justin Kroll on Twitter – “Studio Back to work on script after recent presentations by directors underwhelmed execs”
The Vixen animated movie will apparently get a broadcast premiere on The CW – CW Seed on YouTube
- Wednesday 8/30
- Also interviews with EPs on Arrowverse shows
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.