To celebrate the holidays, we look back at one of the most popular DC Comics themed Christmas TV episode. “Christmas with the Joker” was the second episode of Batman: The Animated Series produced and the first with Mark Hamill as Joker.
The episode did air much later, though, and many other Joker episodes appeared before it. On today’s podcast, we review the episode and give our thoughts on what happened.
- 2nd episode produced, 38th to air
- First and only BTAS episode for writer and director
- First aired November 13, 1992
- “Jingle Bells, Batman Smells, Robin laid an egg. The batmobile lost a wheel, but the Joker got away”
- Escapes on a rocket powered Christmas tree
- Robin and Bruce sit down to watch It’s a Wonderful Life, Joker has taken over the TV
- He puts on a “Christmas with the Joker” holiday special
- Joker has kidnapped the “Awful Lawful Family” (Commissioner Gordon, Summer Gleeson, and Harvey Bullock.) (Diseased Maniac – Superman: The Movie reference?)
- They blow up the Presidential Bridge
- There’s a train heading towards the broken bridge, Batman and Robin save the day.
- Joker tries to shoot Batman and Robin with big gun at observatory
- The cannon stats shooting the city
- Betty Blooper dolls – They’re at the Laffco factory
- They don’t call you Batman for nothing (He’s hitting planes with a bat)
- Batman catches Joker
- Batman texting and watching TV while driving
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.