On today’s podcast, we discuss Chris Mckay’s Nightwing film, Matthew Vaughn talking Superman, Adam Strange being cast, and Reign’s role in Supergirl.
Director Chris McKay talks about his Nightwing film – Collider
- He’s excited to work on a popular character that hasn’t been done very much; mentions there was always talk of a Robin
- Says Robin started as a character nobody wanted to be, but Dick Grayson is someone who has matured more than almost any others in comics
- McKay – “It’s gonna be a f***ing badass action movie with a lot of heart and emotion. It’s gonna be a crazy, fun ride. Whoever gets cast as Nightwing, and any of the other actors around, are gonna go through a f***ing boot camp experience because it’s gonna be a lot… It’s not gonna be like a lot of these movies where there’s a lot of CG and flying, and things like that. Everything he does is gonna have to be real. His superpower is being really f***ing good, as a human being, at fighting and gymnastics and s**t like that, so you’re gonna see that on screen.”
Director Matthew Vaughn confirms he has had “chats” about doing a Superman film – Heyuguys
- “I am planning another Kingsman, I’ve written the treatment and some of the scenes…I don’t know what I’m going to do next but I have had chats about Superman, I love Superman.
- “If somebody asks me to do Indiana Jones, most of the superheroes or Star Wars the fanboy in me can’t help but be excited.”
Shaun Sipos has been cast as Adam Strange in Krypton
- Will be a series regular role!
- Sipos is known for roles in Melrose Place and The Vampire Diaries
- Description from Deadline – “Adam Strange is a world-weary human, who finds himself stranded on Krypton as the unlikely mentor to Seg-El, Superman’s grandfather.”
EP Andrew Kreisberg gives some details on the villainous Reign on Supergirl – Entertainment Weekly
- Kreisberg – “When we meet Reign, she’s just a woman. Her name is Samantha and she’s a single mom, and she has no idea that she is Reign; she has no idea that she was the baby in the pod at the end of last season, so the journey that she takes this season is watching her realize her heritage and see how it manifests.”
- Wants to do something he hasn’t done already on Arrow or The Flash
- “Usually on these shows, you either meet the big bad at the end of episode 1 or you meet them at episode 7 or 9, and you realize that they’ve been pulling the strings the whole time, and were out there working with their multi-year plan to take down the heroes or destroy the city. When we were figuring out Reign, one thing we’ve never really seen on any of these shows is we’ve never seen the big bad become the big bad.”
- Very Davis Bloome Smallville?
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.