Season 2 of Preacher on AMC is creeping up, so we take today’s podcast to give a quick summary of Season 1 of the show.
- 10 episodes aired on AMC in summer of 2016
- Based on the Vertigo comic Preacher by writer Garth Ennis and artist Steve Dillon (75 total issues)
- Synopsis from AMC – “Based on the popular cult comic book franchise of the same name, Preacher is a supernatural, twisted and darkly comedic drama that follows a Texas preacher named Jesse Custer, who is inhabited by an angel-demon spawn that causes him to develop a highly unusual power: the ability to make people do his bidding with just a word. Once this power attracts the attention of two mysterious angels (Fiore and DeBlanc), Jesse, his badass ex-girlfriend Tulip, and an Irish vampire named Cassidy are thrust into a crazy world populated by a cast of characters from Heaven, Hell and everywhere in between.”
Who the show is for
- Very dark and violent at times
- Very slow pace at times
- Preacher Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper
- The Saint of Killers
- Odin Quincannon (played by Jackie Earle Haley)
- 13 episodes
- On the road
- Debuts with 2 part premiere June 25 at 10 p.m. and June 26 at 9
- Mondays at 9 p.m. on AMC will be regular time slot
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.