Shazam! filming is officially underway in Toronto and Warner Bros. has released some details of the movie. We discuss this plus some Batman Ninja, and Arrow talk on today’s show.
Warner Bros. announces the start of Shazam! filming in Toronto
- Synopsis – “We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Strong).”
- Confirms all cast; adds Faithe Herman (This Is Us) as Darla
- Sandberg returns his producer (Peter Safran), director of photography, production designer, editor, and costume designer from Annabelle: Creation
- The film is mostly set in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Described as “Firmly set in the DC universe but with his own distinctly fun, family-centric tone…”
Batman Ninja officially rated PG-13
- “for sequences of violence and action, and for some suggestive material.”
Twitter question from @Salvatore_Chief – “Is it just me or is wild dog super annoying? I was a huge fan of his character up until his betrayal of Oliver! Now it seems every line he has is a jab at Oliver.”
*Batman: Gotham by Gaslight releases on 4k, blu-ray, and DVD today – Our review here
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.