Today’s show covers some quick news on Shazam!, Black Adam, Harley Quinn’s next movie, plus we answer a question on the Deathstroke film.
Shazam! and Black Adam –
- Dwayne Johnson on splitting Shazam! And Black Adam with ComicBook.com – “I think they’ve got a great plan over there with him and I wish those guys the best of luck. We had to split the idea because the obviously idea was Black Adam and Shazam. So we split it. Those guys are gonna do great with it.”
- Star Zachary Levi compared the film to Guardians of the Galaxy and Big at Heroes and Villains Fan Fest (ComingSoon): “James Gunn and the gang killed it. It brought so much heart and humor and I think it was kind of this dark horse that took everyone by storm. I think Shazam kind of has the possibility to do that, because Shazam is not, for all intents and purposes, it’s not Supes (Superman), it’s not Batman, it’s not Wonder Woman. If you look at most Justice League montages or Justice League posters, Shazam is not necessarily one of the characters you put on there, except he is in the Justice League, so if we do well enough…” “Shazam gets to be a fun, jovial, because he is, he’s Billy Batson, he’s 13. It’s the movie Big, but with superpowers – which I’m beyond stoked about.”
Margot Robbie – MTV (on Twitter)
- “I’ve been working on it for 2 years. I’ve been working on a separate spin-off thing for Harley”
- It’s totally separate from Gotham City Sirens and the Joker/Harley project
- “There’s a lot going on, I don’t honestly think anyone knows what’s going to be the next thing to happen, but everyone is keen to get Harley on screen again.”
- “I want to see her [Harley] with other women” She was asking about this while shooting Suicide Squad
Twitter question from Garrett Wade @GWade289 – “Idea of for the Deathstroke movie. What if his solo movie was a Legion of Doom round – up movie set in Bludhaven? Hope to hear your thoughts on your next episode.”
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.