On this Christmas Eve, we celebrate the holidays with a festive episode from Smallville. Season 5, Episode 9, titled “Lexmas”, features Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum) waking up in a potential future world that is much different from the one he is in now.
Spoilers for Season 5 of Smallville in the review and recap, obviously.
- Season 5, Episode 9
- Aired December 8, 2005
- Written by Holly Harold
- Directed by Rick Rosenthal
- Opens on Christmas Eve with Lex in Granville, Kansas
- Goes to shady neighborhood to try to get bad news printed about Jonathan Kent, gets shot
- “Wakes up” is married to Lana, has kids, she’s pregnant
- His mom is alive – tells him all of this can be his if he makes the right choices
- Jon Kent is running for Senate, Lana and Clark are dating
- Back in the dream, they’re heading to the Clarks for a party, they’re on a budget because his dad cut him off 7 years ago
- Clark and Chloe are together, Lex helped Chloe right a tell-all about Lexcorp
- The doctor tells Lionel that Lex is going to be paralyzed
- Clark has to deliver presents – he’s literally Santa Claus
- Clark gets to save a suicidal, drunk Santa
- Lex buys a tree because his dad didn’t let Christmas be celebrated after his mom died
- Clark explains that he’s delivering presents, it makes Santa want to live
- Lex goes into surgery
- In Dream, Jonathan Kent is a senator, Lex is going to be the Humanitarian of the Year
- Lana gives birth, Lana is in trouble losing a lot of blood, Lex goes to his dad for help
- Lionel won’t help him, he says his decision to give up the Senate race lead to this
- Lana dies
- Lex wakes up in reality
- Drunk Santa shows up to Chloe and offers to help, he disappears with all the presents, He’s the REAL SANTA!!!!
- Lex is mad at his dad for taking the risk of the surgery
- Griff shows up at hospital, Lex wants him to take down Jonathan Kent. “The only way to live happily ever after is Power and Money”
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.