Ciaran Hinds recently discussed his role as Steppenwolf in Justice League. We talk about this on today’s podcast, plus some Suicide Squad and Batman and Harley Quinn talk.
Ciaran Hinds on his role as Steppenwolf in Justice League – Independent
- Hinds – “I never read any of those comic books as a kid, so it’s all fairly new to me.”
- Talks about Excalibur influence on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- On motion capture role – wore a “very tight and embarrassing” suit; “Basically they’re going to construct something, digitally, and then they will use my eyes and mouth.”
- On Steppenwolf – “He’s old, tired, still trying to get out of his own enslavement to Darkseid, [but] he has to keep on this line to try and take over worlds.”
Suicide Squad home video sales numbers – the-numbers.com
- More than $63 million in blu-ray plus DVD sales in first 2 weeks
- 1.5 million Blu-ray and 970k DVD sales
Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie Sneak Peek from Teen Titans: The Judas Contract special features
- Basically made because of Suicide Squad
- “Strange red-headed nephew of Batman: The Animated Series, but don’t show it to your kids”
- Similar idea to BTAS “Harlequinade”
- “It’s really unusual, especially compared to movies we’ve been doing lately that have been getting more and more serious and more and more adult, this is definitely a left turn” – Bruce Timm
- End Scene
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.