The Suicide Squad extended cut has been released digitally today. On today’s show, Tom and Zac give a non-spoiler review followed by a *spoiler* filled recap of the extended cut. What did we think of the extra scenes? Should they have been left in? does the extra footage change the movie entirely?
Find out all of that and more in today’s podcast. We also give a brief summary of our thoughts on the theatrical cut and compare the 2. We also discuss whether you should buy it digitally today or wait for the home media release.
00:40 What we thought of theatrical film
03:33 Non- spoiler thoughts of the extended cut:
- 2 hours and 4 minutes long before credits
- “Deleted scenes”
- Should you buy it digitally now or wait for blu-ray?
- Where to buy the digital version
- Does it come with bonus/special features?
07:54 *SPOILER* review:
- Character Intros – Harley’s Arkham Scene – We see a little more of Joker talking to Harley when he’s going to electrocute her
- Killer Croc vomits on the helicopter – “Party Foul”
- Captain Boomerang “Spreading the word” is extended with some good humor. “What are you bloody Socrates with all the questions?”
- More Rick Flag plus Deadshot interaction adds a little more to their story
- Harley Sees motorcycle and has flashback about Joker – She doesn’t want Joker to leave, she’s done all the the trials and initiations “I’m not someone who is loved, I’m an idea” – Joker. She kills truck driver, then puts gun to Joker’s head, he tells her to do it. “My heart scares you, but a gun doesn’t?”(Harley Quinn)“If you weren’t so crazy, I’d think you were insane” (Joker)
- Harley walks around to do “pyscho analysis” on some of the members – “I don’t want your crazy.” – Killer Croc to Harley
- The bar scene is largely extended with everyone’s drink orders – “I actually think of myself as an asset relocation specialist”