The return dates for Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow have been released and we break it down for you. We also discuss the unused script for Justice League by Will Beall.
Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow return schedule announced – (Deadline)
- Will share Monday at 8 time slot for 23 weeks, with new episodes through June 18
- Supergirl returns January 15th with 4 consecutive episodes
- Legends will then air their remaining 9 episodes
- Supergirl will then air their remaining 10 episodes
- Variety in February of 2017 – “If “Black Lightning” is greenlit for 2017-2018, sources close to the network explain that the shows would be staggered throughout the year, rather than scheduling five separate nights of superhero programming.”
Details on Will Beall’s 2011 script for Justice League – Umberto Gonzalez of The Wrap
- Justice League heroes appearing – Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, John Stewart Green Lantern, Hawkman (Green Arrow and Aquaman mentioned)
- Villains and other DC characters – Darkseid, Desaad, Lex Luthor, KGBeast, Killer Croc, Amanda Waller, King Faraday, Tattooed Man, Copperhead, Cheetah, Solomon Grundy, Deathstroke, Captain Boomerang, Huntress
- Basic story – Batman and Superman are friends, recruit other heroes; Superman is brainwashed and the Green Lantern Corps is destroyed; Supes goes to a future where Darkseid rules, but Lex sends Flash back to warn of future; battle on Apokolips
- (Deadline) Ben Affleck was approached to direct in 2012 for a 2015 release date, but didn’t seem interested (also possibly Christopher Nolan and David Yates)
- DC movies in 2011 – The Dark Knight Rises (began filming in May), Green Lantern (released in June), Man of Steel (began filming in August)
- Beall wrote the screenplay for Aquaman, from a story by James Wan and Geoff Johns
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.