*Spoilers* for Supergirl Season 2, Episode 17 “Distant Sun” in this review and recap.
LYNDA CARTER RETURNS AS PRESIDENT MARSDIN; KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS – A large bounty is put out on Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and aliens from far and near attack National City intent on taking out the woman of steel. Alex (Chyler Leigh) and Maggie (Floriana Lima) run into Maggie’s ex-girlfriend, Emily (guest star Hayley Sales), who is in town for a week. Hank (David Harewood) gets an interesting order from President Marsdin (guest star Lynda Carter).
Things that stood out:
- “Previously on Supergirl and The Flash”
- Mon-El is a stay-at-home boyfriend (Kara still not reporting)
- Lynda Carter
- Maggie’s ex-girlfriend (Emily) [Maggie cheated on her]
- “That’s a very culinary way to put it. I cook now!”
- Mon-El’s parents are just hanging around in orbit?
- Mon-El’s body is controlled, but not his mind, kind of cool different way to do it
- J’onn and alien’s mind battle
- Daxamites placed the bounty
- Rhea has Kryptonite weapons, Mon-El agrees to leave with her
- Lar Gand didn’t know about the bounty
- “You finally watched Star Wars!”
- Kevin Smith must own that portal
- Daxamites let Mon-El leave
- President: “Did you engage the alien ship”, J’onn: “Yes, how did you find out?”
- Then she turns into an alien, what does she want with the Daxamites?
- Don’t mess with Rhea
Off next week – 4/24 episode – “Ace Reporter” Trailer – real short, RAVI (Jack Spheer)
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.