*Spoilers* for Supergirl Season 2, Episode 19 “Alex” in this review and recap.
ALEX IS KIDNAPPED – Alex (Chyler Leigh) is kidnapped and the kidnapper threatens to kill her unless Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) releases a notorious criminal from prison. Supergirl and Maggie (Floriana Lima) have always had different approaches to apprehending criminals but this time they must work together to save Alex. Meanwhile, Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) has an interesting proposal for Lena (Katie McGrath).
Things that stood out:
- Maggie mad at Supergirl seems dumb (I helped, people are safe). But they make a good point. “The Supergirl Defense” lets defense lawyers get the criminals off.
- Maggie/Kara don’t understand polite dinner conversation
- Queen Rhea has a “real” business proposal. She wants to build transporter.
- “Everyone around you just thinks you’re a mild-mannered reporter, but I know the truth” – everyone already knows she’s Supergirl.
- 36 hours to break out a prisoner? Seems excessive
- Alex says to the kidnapper she knows who he is, “she recognized him”
- “You’re lying!” “No he’s not” “Why did you let him go” “Because I read his mind” – Kara forgets about Martian Manhunter’s powers because he never gets to use them.
- Thompson has a son, Rick, guy who grew up with Kara and Alex
- Flashback to school days (Shown in Season 1), all these people saw the same thing, and he’s the only one who put 2 and 2 together?
- Lena is smart, figures out Rhea is an alien.
- Alex wired her tracker into camera, that’s how things work.
- Maggie and Kara have to work together.
- “I can’t fly fast enough to turn back time” – just call Clark.
- Alex makes a life preserver out of pants, smart. I’ll use that next I’m trapped in rising water.
- Kara uses her super-talking to get the location out of his dad.
- “Oh you do not get to talk to her” – Then why are you walking him right past her?
- Maggie and Kara like each other again.
- Lena is going to work with Rhea.
Next week – 5/8 episode – “City of Lost Children” Trailer – Guardian is back
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.