*Spoilers* for Supergirl Season 2, Episode 20 “City of Lost Children” in this review and recap.
“THIS IS US” LONNIE CHAVIS GUEST STARS – When an alien attacks National City, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO learn the alien is a Phorian, an otherwise peaceful race with telekinetic powers. Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) gets a lead on the Phorian’s address but instead of finding the culprit, he finds a very scared boy named Marcus (guest star Lonnie Chavis). Marcus will only trust James so it is up to Guardian to stop the attacks on the city. Rhea’s (Teri Hatcher) plan escalates.
Things that stood out:
- N’sync reunion
- “Guardian inspires fear”
- Alien attack
- Lena and Rhea are struggling with their project; Rhea says she wants to get home
- What is Mon-El doing all the time?
- “Maybe they should give me some action figures, if they had given me action figures when they interrogated me about my dad when I was 10, I would have sung like a canary.
- James and Mon-El actually have stuff to do in this episode.
- Marcus with glowing eyes hurting people, scary
- Teri Hatcher intimidation even more scary
- Mon-El with a gun
- All the Daxamites show up
Next week – 5/15 episode – “Resist” Trailer – Lillian, Cat Grant return
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.