Warner Bros. President Toby Emmerich has officially named Walter Hamada as President of DC Films. We break down all of the news from this on today’s show.
Walter Hamada has been named President of DC Films – Variety
- Hamada has been a production executive at Warner Bros.
- Hamada has served as executive producer on a number of New Line horror films this century, including It and The Conjuring and Annabelle films (IMDB); so he has worked with James Wan and David F. Sandberg previously
- Has a “close relationship” with James Wan and has been involved with The Conjuring franchise
- Warner Bros. President Toby Emmerich – “Walter is creative, resourceful, and committed to excellence, and will bring those qualities to his oversight of our superhero films.”
- From article – “He will be leaving New Line to work for Warners, and will also oversee any other types of comic book movies that the studio produces outside of the DC canon.” (Vertigo? Elseworlds?)
- Geoff Johns will remain DC President and Chief Content Officer and “work closely” with Hamada on the films
- Emmerich – “I’m confident Walter and Geoff, working with our filmmaking partners, will deliver films that will resonate with both broad global audiences as well as DC fanboys and fangirls.”
- Geoff Johns on Twitter – “Welcome aboard, Walter!! Thrilled to be working with you! It’s been a blast on Shazam! — now it’s off to the rest of the DCU! (And get a twitter account!)”
- THR – Emmerich was impressed with Hamada’s work on Shazam! At New Line
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.