On today’s podcast, we discuss Wonder Woman‘s latest box office milestones, Willem Dafaoe’s role in the DCEU, plus The Flash casting and more.
Wonder Woman box office update
- Opens in Japan friday
- Domestically – has passed $404 million; passing Spider-Man (2002) to become #1 Superhero origin film of all-time; #7 Superhero film ( over $409 would get it to #5)
- Worldwide – has cleared $800 million; #11 Superhero film of all-time, would be #1 origin film if reaches $821.7 million
Willem Dafoe talks about role of Nuidis Vulko in Justice League and Aquaman – (ScreenCrush)
- Role in Justice League is basically a cameo, Aquaman is much bigger
- He will be slightly different from comics – “There’s been some adjustments. Not even adjustments – it’s like anything, you use the source material and something is born from that. But I don’t really look like he does in the comic, and his role is slightly different. He is an advisor, but he’s also sort of a mentor to Aquaman.”
- What filming was like: “Most of my scenes are underwater. Some are not. So much of it, because we’re talking, and shooting underwater is a lot of ways impractical because you’re limited to what you can do with sets. It’s more about shooting them dry for wet, and then the effects do certain things to give the water feel. But we aren’t doing the scenes underwater, but we are in harnesses and on wires. There is movement. It’s not like we’re all sitting around pretending we’re underwater like this [stands up still], we’re swimming around, we’re moving. So that should be really beautiful.”
Katee Sackhoff to appear in The Flash as villain Amunet Black, a.k.a Blacksmith – Entertainment Weekly
- Character runs “the Network” – an underground supervillain black market
- Will first appear in S04E05 “Girls Night Out” featuring Emily Bett Rickards
Twitter question from @condor_zelander – “Could the Aquaman movie begin with the origins of Atlanna?”
- Exposition given by Vulko/Tom Curry?
- Similar to Hippolyta?
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.