On today’s podcast, we discuss the box office demographics of Wonder Woman, the Black Lightning TV show, and more.
Wonder Woman box office data – Variety
- Passed “Inside Out” for 38th highest domestic gross all-time.
- By the third week male and female viewers were equal. “The average superhero movie draws a 62% male audience.”
- The film also drew more over 50 and infrequent moviegoers than other tentpole films.
EP Mara Brock Akil talks Black Lightning – Essence Festival
- “What we want to do is put Black men and the Black family back at the center,” she began. “A lot of the other shows have been led through the view of Black women, so it’s time to place the Black male back and give him a voice at the table. We have to take back the image of Black men raising their families.”
- “His daughters will have powers” will have “superhero suits”
CW Shows have returned for filming
PSA: Netflix (U.S.) shows leaving 8/1 – Young Justice, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited
- Saving them for new DC streaming service?
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.