We have given our non-spoiler and spoiler reviews of Wonder Woman and now we start to bring other’s opinions into it. On today’s show, we analyze the expected box office and critical performance of Wonder Woman and discuss it’s impact on the DCEU and the character of Diana Prince going forward.
- Projected box office – ~ $100 million opening weekend
- Budget – $150 million production
- Merchandise sales
- Rotten Tomatoes – critics – 93% Certified Fresh , 7.6/10; audience – 93% liked it, 4.6/5
- Metacritic – critics Metascore of 76 (generally favorable reviews) 45 positive, 4 mixed, 0 negative; audience score of 83 (Universal Acclaim)
- Sequel? (in the past or modern day?)
- Patty Jenkins’ future
- The Hollywood Reporter – “And if it all goes according to plan, Jenkins is more than ready to return to the character for a contemporary-set Wonder Woman sequel (she and Gadot are contractually committed to a second film). Not that Jenkins wants to limit herself just to tentpoles. She’s also hoping to squeeze in a limited TV series based on something her husband wrote — maybe starring Chris Pine, who plays Lyle Waggoner’s old role, Steve Trevor, in Wonder Woman — before returning (fingers crossed) to Paradise Island for another go.”
- Justice League impact
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.