Box Office Pro has released their first box office tracking for Wonder Woman and it looks very positive. We discuss this plus the upcoming Batman & Bill documentary, Scalped, and talk about the potential plot of The Batman.
Wonder Woman long-range box office tracking – Box Office Pro
- Domestic predictions – $83 million opening weekend, $225 million total
- Pros – It’s Wonder Woman, good buzz; Cons – previous DCEU reception, less chatter than Suicide Squad
- Would be #5 solo film debut for a superhero all-time (chart on Box Office Mojo) and 2nd lowest budget of those films, #1 debut for WB/DC
- Would be 5x stronger than any previous female led superhero film (Catwoman), 3.5x V for Vendetta, 15x Supergirl
- Box Office Pro’s previous DCEU forecasts – Man of Steel ($108 million, actual $116 million) Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ($154 million, actual $166 million, Suicide Squad ($98 million, actual $133 million)
Hulu’s Bill Finger documentary Batman & Bill set to premiere Sunday, May 6
- Synopsis – “Everyone thinks that Bob Kane created Batman, but that’s not the whole truth. One author makes it his crusade to seek justice for Bill Finger, a struggling writer who was the key figure in creating the iconic superhero, from concept to costume to the very character we all know and love. Bruce Wayne may be Batman’s secret identity, but his creator was always a true mystery. Directed and executive produced by Don Argott and Sheena M. Joyce.”
WGN’s Scalped pilot has officially started filming – Director Adil El Arbi on Twitter
- Started April 1
- Comes with behind the scenes photo
Twitter question from @JessieW72838902 – “Thoughts on this rumor plot of The Batman Black Mask is the main villain with Joker and Harley having a subplot?”
- Originated from anonymous Reddit user (DCEUleaks) in August of 2016
*Teen Titans: The Judas Contract animated movie review coming tomorrow
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.