On today’s show, we discuss final Wonder Woman news, Dark Universe, Batman and Harley Quinn, DC TV, and more.
Wonder Woman news
- Production budget listed as $150 million by LA Times; estimates marketing budget at $125-150 million
- Deadline – $300 million total budget; expected for $175 million + global opening ($65-75 million domestic, although $90 million + is possible, ~$100 million internationally)
Warner Bros. does not want to give up Dark Universe name – The Hollywood Reporter
- Universal claimed the Dark Universe name for it’s monster universe on May 22
- “But the name Dark Universe could prove problematic for Universal. Warner Bros. already has plans for the title with a supernatural-themed Justice League movie and a series of announced comic books branded under the Dark Universe banner. Warners is mulling legal action, according to a studio source.”
- Dark Universe was the working title of the DC Comics film since at least January, 2013 – IGN
Batman and Harley Quinn release information revealed
- Releases digitally August 15th and physically August 29th
- Appears to be first DC animated film to release on 4k
- Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray Deluxe Giftset, Blu-ray and Digital copies contain “The Harley Effect”, “Loren Lester: In His Own Voice” and “A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie” featurettes plus 2 episodes of Batman: The Animated Series (“Harley & Ivy” and “Harley’s Holiday”
- Also a DVD with just the 2 episodes of B:TAS
Season 2 of Supergirl and Season 3 of The Flash already available on Netflix U.S.
- Arrow Season 5 will be available tomorrow
- Part of deal with The CW to make seasons available 8 days after finale airs
Stephen Amell teases classic Green Arrow goatee on Twitter
- “Season 6 training.”
- Wonder Woman reviews upcoming
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.