On today’s show, we discuss Warner Bros. plans to push Wonder Woman for the Academy Awards, Joe Manganiello’s role as Deathstroke, Season 4 of The Flash, Season 3 of Young Justice, and comic book news from San Diego Comic-Con.
Warner Bros. Planning Oscar Campaign for Wonder Woman and Patty Jenkins – Variety
- They hope to get it be the first comic book movie nominated for Best Picture
- Also want to get Patty Jenkins nominated for best director
Joe Manganiello can’t say much about his Deathstroke role right now – interview with The Hollywood Reporter
- On the status of Deathstroke in The Batman – says he knows some things but can’t say anything right now
- Z – what do you hope happens with Deathstroke?
Tom Felton will not be a series regular for Season 4 of The Flash – Entertainment Weekly
- No return is currently schedule
Young Justice Season 3 news from San Diego Comic-Con
- Will be 26 episodes
- The team will be Wonder Girl, Robin (Tim Drake), Blue Beetle, Impulse, Beast Boy, Arsenal and new characters Static, Spoiler, Arrowette and Thirteen
- Will be more adult, as main characters age
Geoff Johns releases some info on Doomsday Clock
- Will be 12 issues and take place 1 year in the future; meets with present DCU in #12
- Twitter – “#DoomsdayClock incorporates everything from Action Comics #1 to Crisis to Rebirth to now: Metal, Oz Effect, some surprises! No crossovers.”
- Ozymandias and Lex Luthor meet
- Cool image
Grant Morrison is working on sequels to Arkham Asylum and Wonder Woman: Earth One
- Earth One Volume 2 will have Amazon army vs. Nazi army
Frank Miller is developing Superman: Year One for DC Comics
- Will be 100-page graphic novel
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.