On today’s podcast, we talk director Patty Jenkins’ thoughts on the upcoming Wonder Woman film, Season 3 of Legends of Tomorrow, Injustice 2, and answer a Twitter question about the Aquaman film.
Director Patty Jenkins interviewed about Wonder Woman – Empire Online
- Was very pleased with casting of Gal Gadot
- Had freedom with origin story, because it was 100 years before
- Wanted some fun and color in the film to make it classic adventure, like Superman: The Movie and Indiana Jones
- On why Ares – “He’s the biggest villain of Wonder Woman’s World. I think if you’re going to start off big, and start off right, you go with the greatest villain. I also think it was a great delight to place him in the world in a way where he believes in exactly what a real, true Ares does, and what kind of havoc would an Ares wreak on this planet and how?”
- Tried to not focus on pressure of making a successful female superhero movie and just make a good superhero film
- Tried to go back to William Moulton Marston’s original vision for the character
*Spoilers* Arthur Darvill will return as Rip Hunter in Season 3 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow – TVLine
- EP Marc Guggenheim – “We’ve got plans for Rip for next year. It’s just in a different capacity than him being a member of the team.”
Injustice 2 “Shattered Alliances, Part 4” trailer – YouTube
- If we’re desperate
Twitter question from @condor_zelander – “Will Aquaman parents Tom Curry and Queen Atlanna have a big role in the Aquaman movie?”
- Willem Dafoe’s Vulko
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.