Wonder Woman and The Lego Batman Movie may not have scored any Oscar nominations this year, but they did win a ton of other awards. We discuss that, plus upcoming DC TV schedule info, and some Batman Ninja talk.
Year End Awards for films
- No Academy Award nominations for Wonder Woman or The Lego Batman Movie
- Wonder Woman – one of the American Film Institute’s “Top 10 Films of the Year”, Critics’ Choice Movie Awards “Best Action Movie”, Dragon Awards “Best Science Fiction or Fantasy Movie”, Golden Tomato “Best Comic Book/Graphic Novel Movie of 2017”, National Board of Review “Spotlight Award” (Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot), Palm Springs International Rising Star and Virtuosos Award (Gal Gadot). SAG Outstanding Performance by a Stunt Ensemble in a Motion Picture
- The Lego Batman Movie – Detroit Film Critics Society “Best Animated Film”, Heartland “Truly Moving Picture Award”
DC CW schedule week of February 12th (2 weeks away)
- The Flash and Arrow will not have new episodes (for at least a week)
- A new Black Lightning will air; Supergirl begins hiatus and Legends of Tomorrow returns
Website question from Garrett – “Great show guys, I look forward to it every day. My question is short and simple, any word on Batman Ninja? Is it getting a dub version and when is it suppose to be out?”
- Release is sometime in 2018
- (YouTube) – Warner Bros. Japan released a version of the trailer with English text and subtitles (in theaters?)
- ComicBook.com (From NYCC) – PG-13, “When Warner Bros. releases the film next year, the Blu-ray will include both the subtitled original Japanese version as well as the version with performances recorded in English.”, there is an English script
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.