Patty Jenkins is officially back to helm the sequel to her hit film Wonder Woman. We discuss this plus some DC TV, Dark Nights: Metal talk and Harley Quinn’s birthday.
Patty Jenkins officially closes deal to direct, produce and co-write Wonder Woman sequel – Variety
- “sources say the number is in the $8 million dollar range to write, direct and produce making her the highest paid female director of all time. A substantial backend of box office grosses is also included in the contract.”
- THR – made $1 million to direct the first Wonder Woman
- Already working on the script with Geoff Johns
- Could a Wonder Woman 3 have been part of the contract?
“This Fall on The CW” promo on YouTube
- Not much new, except Dinah Drake’s new costume in action
Dark Nights: Metal has an awesome sales start with issue #1 – ComicChron
- Sold 262,000 copies at $4.99
- #1 comic book issue this year in both units sold and dollars
- Outpacing DC Universe Rebirth #1 ($2.99) in units sold despite higher price tag
Yesterday marked the 25th anniversary of the debut of Harley Quinn in Batman: The Animated Series
- Created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm, first appeared in the episode “Joker’s Favor”
Connect with us:
Thanks for listening and be sure to subscribe to the podcast to never miss a new episode.